LADAKH : A Journey of Lifetime
Organised by ASP
Mentor : Arun Saha (National Award Winning Photographer, Writer & Educator)
If you want to experience a lifetime photography tour, Ladakh is the answer. The breath-taking landscapes, beautiful lakes, adventurous high-passes, and spectacular monasteries with wonderful people make Ladakh more than a perfect place to photo-tour, and Ladakh photo-tour with ASP makes you achieve your dream with utmost satisfaction. Our trip itinerary covers the most photogenic places of Ladakh guided by experienced mentors and technical experts in the field.
PORTRAIT, LANDSCAPE, PEOPLE, ARCHITECTURE, FESTIVAL, NIGHTSKY, NATURE & ANIMAL
1. Shanti Stupa from Namgyal Monastery
2. Namgyal Monastery from Shanti Stupa
4. Maitreyee Buddha
5. Diskit Monastery
6. Hunder Sand Dune Bactrian Camels’ with reflection
7. Pangong Lake in the afternoon
8. Pangong Lake Milkyway in the night
9. Pangong Lake reflection in the morning golden hour
10. Tso Moriri
11. Tso Moriri at night with the milky way
13. Portrait of the nomadic tribe Changpa
14. Tso Kar lake
15. Thikshe Monastery in the morning light
16. Thikshe Monastery during morning prayer
17. Takthok Monastery in Tsechu Festival
18. Stakna Monastery
19. Matho Monastery
20. Shanti Stupa
21. Portraits in Aryan Village
22. Lamayuru Monastery from the hilltop
23. Lamayuru morning prayer
24. Lady monk portrait in Lamayuru
(The list is tentative, subject to time and weather feasibility)
ITINERARY : (09 Days and 8 Nights)
24 Jul 23: Arrival at Leh by noon and report at pre-booked hotel. Spend a relaxed day in the hotel for acclimatization. The first day is very important for acclimatization. Evening visit to Namgyal Monastery where from we can capture the Shanti Stupa standing alone brightened by the setting sun. Overnight stay at Leh.
25 Jul 23: Early morning drive to Nubra Valley via Khardungla pass (Highest motorable road in the World, 18,380 ft). Post lunch will reach the Maitreyee Buddha statue to have a close shoot and then enjoy the camel safari at Sand Dunes between Diskit and Hunder Village on the backdrop of the serene Diskit monastery. Overnight stay in the hotel/guest house on the lap of nature surrounded by a beautiful garden of flowers and vegetables and branches full of apples at Hunder.
26 Jul 23: After breakfast, the journey begins for Pangong Lake. During the journey, we will drive along with the beautiful river Shyok on one side and the stiff range of Karakoram on the other. Participants from previous tours testimonies this route as the best in the entire Ladakh sojourn. Will reach Pangong by noon. In Pangong Lake, changing colour every hour with the daylight drama and the setting sun is a lifetime experience one would wish to carry forever. After enjoying the evening cup of tea sitting beside the window and gazing at the lake to change its colour, we will move for the evening photoshoot. At night we will try Milkyway shoot (subject to clear sky) under expert guidance. Overnight stay at Pangong in well-protected permanent cottages.
27 Jul 23: Wake up early in the morning to witness the mesmerizing beauty of Pangong Lake under the fresh morning rays. The hills overlooking the lake glaze like gold mine during this time, the best time to shoot a reflection on the lake for it is the most placid and perfectly lit. Post breakfast set off for a drive back to Tso Moriri. By late afternoon arrived in Korzok village. We will drop our luggage, get settled and go out for a lake view and shoot. At night, we might try our hand in Milkyway shoot. Overnight stay at Korzok.
28 Jul 23: Wake up early in the morning to witness the mesmerizing beauty of Tso Moriri Lake under the fresh morning rays. Later we will try to find the local nomadic tribe Chngpa or Champa and Drukpa Buddhists at Korzok village and monastery and on our way to Leh via Tso Kar Lake, the largest salt lake in the region. Overnight stay at Leh hotel.
29 Jul 23: Today we have kept for local sightseeing and festival. Early morning we will leave for Thikshe monastery to attend the morning prayer. On the way, will shoot the monastery in the early morning rays upon the azure blue canvas. After breakfast will head for Takthok monastery to attend their famous Takthok Tsechu festival. Apart from this, we will cover Stakna Monastery, Matho Monastery and Shanti Stupa. Overnight stay at Leh hotel
30 Jul 23: Early morning we will start for Aryan Village portrait shoot. After covering the portrait shoot in Aryan tribal villages, will head for Lamayuru. On our way to the picturesque monastery-facing hotel, we will stop to shoot the monastery lit by the late evening golden light. Overnight stay in Lamayuru.
31 Jul 23: Will visit the Lamayuru Monastery early in the morning to shoot the morning prayer activities involving the little Lamas. Will go back to the hotel, have breakfast and checkout and come back to the monastery for portrait shoot of lady & little monks. After the shoot will leave for Leh via Sangam. Evening shopping in the Leh market and overnight stay in Leh.
01 Aug 23: After having breakfast will transfer to Leh airport to board the flight on way back to your respective destinations. Your memorable journey with ASP to the land of the dragon concludes here.
US$ 1400 or Rs. 60000/- per pax. For entire tour
(TWIN SHARED ACCOMMODATION IN COZY HOTELS, ALL WINDOW SEATS IN INNOVA FOR 5 PEOPLE ONLY )
All hotel accommodations throughout the tour (twin sharing basis, single occupancy will have to pay extra)
All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) starting from 24 Jul 2023 lunch to 01 Aug 2023 breakfast.
Mineral water with every meal
All local transport as mentioned in the itinerary by INNOVA only. 5 persons for every Innova.
Including all parking and toll taxes
Mentor’s fee for overall guidance
Package Doesn’t Includes :
Train/flight tickets to and fro Leh.
Inner line permits to restricted areas.
Pick up and drop to and from Leh airport to hotel.
Entry fees to any visiting place for personnel or cameras.
Tips for locals for photography purposes (Bulk amount will be shared between photographers)
Any personal habits or expenses.
Any medical expenses.
Anything that is not in the “Inclusion” list.
Cancellation and Refund Policy :
If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
Greater than 120 days from the start date of the Workshop: full refund minus service tax.
Within 90 days: 75% refund of total fee
Within 60 days: 50% refund of total fee.
Less than 30 days : No refund.
Payment Policy :
2nd Part…………….20k/$500(By 24 May)
Final Part………….20k/$300(By 24 Jun)
You can pay by Google/UPI to pay to the following…
Under any unavoidable circumstances, if we have to cancel our photo tour, your entire booking money will be refunded(NOT APPLICABLE FOR TRAVEL BOOKINGS)
FAQ & TOUR INFO
What do I get from this photo-tour?
- A thoroughly guided photographic experience by experts in the field who know Ladakh very well.
- Slide show presentation of photographs and information of locations and events before each day’s shoot.
- Guiding all participants about lens requirement, creative composition and camera settings on the field during photo shoot.
- Everyday review of participants’ photographs.
- Assisting in possible editing guidance.
- Guiding participants in finding photographic locations and vantage points for places and events.
- Helping in finding the local delicacies.
- Outdoor portrait shoot of local people in traditional and relevant local attire.
- Night photography of Milkyway.
Am I eligible for this tour?
Anyone above 18 years (unless accompanied by a parent or guardian) is welcome to join this photo tour.
I am new to photography. Will I join this trip?
Yes of course. This tour is for all photography enthusiastic people. The more you travel and explore, the more your photographic eye will open. Moreover, our team leaders will ensure to give special attention to the beginners.
I am not a serious photographer, just a traveller. Shall I join this trip?
Yes, you too can join this tour as our tours are designed for both serious photographers and casual travelers for the purpose of both learning and entertainment. But you need to pay the amount of the full fee as the seats are limited and you could take place of a fully paid serious photographer.
What equipments are required for this Trip?
Well, even point and shoot camera will work fine. If you have DSLR camera, any medium zoom lens and a wide-angle lens will work best. You may also bring portrait lens like 70-200mm f2.8, 50mm or 85mm prime. Ultra Wide-angle or fisheye lens will be helpful to shoot artistic landscape. Tripod will be required for night photography. Laptop with post processing software, external hard drive, and extra memory cards will be helpful.
What is the difference between ASP Photo Tour and other tours?
We are not offering a package tour for general tourists; it is specifically meant for photography enthusiastic people and designed by experienced professional photographers. You will discover the place and learn a lot about this ancient city, local people and their culture which is an important part of our travel photography. We will try to observe the local people, their daily activities and cultural beliefs and will try to capture those moments using right compositions and techniques. Our Team Leaders will help our guests to learn camera settings, framing and as well as post processing. If that’s what is your requirements then surely join us for this exciting Ladakh photo tour with ASP.
Our Liabilities & Limitations:
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, natural calamities, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well-being.
- We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the program or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, accidents, breakdown of machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- We shall not be responsible for any personal loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
- We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accidents, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. Visitors are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. All baggage & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.
COVID19 PROTOCOL: As per the latest updated inter-state air travel rules must be followed by all participants regarding the NEGATIVE RTPCR REPORT. Return RTPCR TEST can be arranged well in time in Leh if need be.
All individuals must follow the COVID19 PROTOCOLS governed by Govt and the ASP AUTHORITY without being failed. Expenditure incurred on RTPCR/ANTIGEN whenever and wherever required will be of individual’s responsibility.
In case of any emergency risen due to the COVID19 situation for any participants, the decision will be taken in the view of larger interest for the entire team.
Please Note: We will not be responsible for any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, roadblocks, bad weather, etc.
Click here https://www.arunsaha.com/dt_gallery/mesmerising-ladakh/ to see the entire LADAKH portfolio.