Varanasi is one of the oldest cities in India as well as in the world. The culture of Varanasi is great and closely associated with the River Ganges because of the river’s religious importance. Lakhs of pilgrims come here to the ghats of the River Ganges to wash away a lifetime of sins in the sacred water or to cremate their loved ones. Varanasi has its own unique architecture and culture. A walk along the sideways of the famous ghats and through the narrow lanes or a boat ride on the river gives one a lifetime memory to cherish. In fact, the city has great scenes to see, real history to feel and thus creates immense opportunities to photograph. The most ancient city where life and death celebrate together, one emerges when the other submerges.
You’ll be provided with more details once you reserve your place, but here is an outline of our itinerary.
06th Nov, 2022
All guests are requested to report at our pre-booked hotel (address will be given later) at Varanasi by afternoon. After settling down, we all will get together for some formal introduction and a short briefing of our photo tour. It is also important to know each other and learn about their expectations from this photo tour; the discussion will help us to understand the individual’s favourite subjects and style of photography.
Evening we will stroll around the ghats and start our photoshoot.
07th Nov, 2022
Our morning session will start early, before 6 am to catch the early morning light and activities at the famous Ghats of Varanasi. Evening we will shoot the famous Dev Deepawali, the cynosure of all festivals in Varanasi, on the Ghats. The festival is huge, overly crowded and vibrant.
08th Nov, 2022
Today also our morning session will start around 6 am and we will try to discover the Ghats of Varanasi on the boat. Boating in the Ganges in the winter is one of the main attractions of Varanasi. Only in Ghats of Varanasi you will observe life and death together. There are few Ghats where you can see Hindu cremation too.
Later we will try to explore the famous lanes of Varanasi for street photography. In the evening session, we will be on the Ghats again to shoot the evening Aarti. After 7 pm, it’s your free leisure time.
09th Nov, 2022
Today we will try to photograph something different in Varanasi like the geometric beauty of Lolark Kund etc. But it totally depends on the accessibility, availability and permission of entrance of those places. But we will try our best to arrange and give you the opportunity to shoot those places.
Finally, the trip will end with a farewell get together and pack up.
FAQ & TOUR INFO
What do I get from this photo-tour?
- A thoroughly guided photographic experience by an expert in the field who knows Varanasi very well.
- Slide show presentation of photographs and information of locations and events before each day’s shoot.
- Guiding all participants about lens requirement, creative composition and camera settings on the field during photo shoot.
- Everyday review of participants’ photographs.
- Assisting in possible editing guidance.
- Guiding participants in finding photographic locations and vantage points for places and events.
- Helping in finding the local delicacies.
Am I eligible for this tour?
Anyone above 18 years (unless accompanied by a parent or guardian) is welcome to join this photo tour.
I am new to photography. Will I join this trip?
Yes of course. This tour is for all photography enthusiastic people. The more you travel and explore, the more your photographic eye will open. Moreover, our team leaders will ensure to give special attention to the beginners.
What equipments are required for this Trip?
Well, even the point and shoot camera will work fine. If you have a DSLR camera, any zoom lens and a wide-angle lens will work best. You may also bring a portrait lens like 50mm or 85mm prime. A wide-angle lens will be helpful to shoot Sadhu on a boat. Tripod may require to shoot the evening aarti of Varanasi, but it’s not mandatory. A laptop with post-processing software, an Extention charging board, an external hard drive, and extra memory cards will be helpful.
What is the difference between ASP Photo Tour and other tours?
We are not offering a package tour for general tourists; it is specifically meant for photography enthusiastic people and designed by experienced professional photographers. You will discover the place and learn a lot about this ancient city, local people and their culture which is an important part of our travel photography. We will try to observe the local people, their daily activities and cultural beliefs and will try to capture those moments using the right compositions and techniques. Our Team Leaders will help our guests to learn camera settings, framing and as well as post-processing. If that’s what is your requirements then surely join us for this exciting Varanasi photo tour with ASP.
TOUR COST AND TERMS:
The workshop fee is Rs. 20000/- (US$500 ) for the entire trip, per person.
Advance: 10000/- (US$300 )While Booking
2nd Pay: 5k By (US$150 ) 06 Sep 2022
Final Pay: 5k (US$150 ) By 06 Oct 2022
**Pay Entire Amount By 10 Aug to Avail a 10% Early Bird Discount Offer**
**Any payment pending beyond 06 Oct will cost 10% extra as a late fee**
- Accommodation on a double room basis in a standard hotel(couples/friends are allowed to share rooms).
- All local transports related to our photo tour.
- Workshop fee, on-field assistance, image reviews, and guidance on post-processing.
- All regular meals starting with lunch on 06th Nov to breakfast on 09th Nov. Tea/coffee will be provided during morning and evening only.
- Mineral water will be provided only during meals.
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDES
- Train/Air tickets to and fro Varanasi.
- Pick up and drop on arrival and departure.
- Any food items, beverages, or meals ordered by individuals.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- Greater than 60 days from the start date of the Workshop: full refund.
- 60-45 days: 75% refund
- 45-30 days: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days: No refund
Under any unavoidable circumstances, if we have to cancel our photo tour, your entire booking money will be refunded.
- We don’t have any control over weather conditions, pandemics, accidents or any medical emergencies. Under any unforeseen conditions, we may have to change our schedule. We expect your cooperation under such circumstances.
- In the COVID19 PANDEMIC situation, we expect all our guests to follow the ASP and Govt laid down rules of social distancing and precautions throughout the tour.
Click here https://www.arunsaha.com/dt_gallery/vivacious-varanasi/ to see the entire Varanasi portfolio.
For more Details :
Contact(call or WhatsApp) #8605013985
Or mail us at [email protected]